The best fundraising ideas are often the simplest. When it comes to raising money for your local netball team, primary school or favourite charity, it’s important to remember that people love joining in and having fun. So, be it with your kinder parents or your corporate work colleagues, whether they’re sporty types or those more at home chatting over a coffee, just think about what they may like, and you’ll find there are many great ideas for fundraisers that will encourage them to dig deep.
Here are a few fundraising ideas to help you get the ball rolling:
- Walk-a-thon, Run-a-thon, Bike-a-thon – Get moving! Friends and family can sponsor each child for every kilometre they walk, run, roller blade, dance or ride. It’s a fantastic way for kids to get active.
- Casual clothes / Fancy dress day – A casual clothes day or themed dress up day is always loads of fun. For a gold coin donation everyone can come as their favourite celebrity or book character. Great for schools and workplaces.
- Auction your boss – Have a laugh at work while giving generously as the highest bidder has the boss running coffee errands for a day, filing or keeping the kitchen clean.
- Sporting event – A charity basketball, soccer or football match is as exciting for players as it is for spectators. Mix it up with a father and son, or mother and daughter match. A gold coin entry fee, raffle and a sausage sizzle could help raise funds.
- Book fair, garage sale, car boot sale – One person’s trash is another’s treasure. A weekend car boot sale or trash and treasure are great fundraisers and an opportunity for everyone to spring clean their cupboards.
- Art exhibition – Ask local artists, school or university students to donate artworks for sale or auction. You could also include a door fee and raffle to get the night humming.
- Christmas Party – Give your Christmas fundraiser a boost by hosting a Christmas fundraising party at your work, school or club. You can decorate, dress up, give out Kris Kringle gifts, and sell Cadbury SNOW BITES to raise money!
- Easter Egg Hunt – That elusive Easter Bunny has left Cadbury Dairy Milk Eggs hidden everywhere! What a great opportunity to promote your Easter fundraising and get the kids playing outside.